The easiest SOLAS Speed Log to install. SAL R1a Easy Tank is the fourth generation acoustic correlation SAL speed log for measuring relative speed – speed through water (STW) . The speed log is designed to meet requirements as specified by authorities and shipowners. Its performance exceeds the various IMO specifications and has proven reliability in many thousand installations worldwide.
• Closed ended installation - no need for water tight compartment or piping above sealine.
• Easy to install, with only a few mechanical parts and light weight bottom parts.
The transducer mounting is made from the inside of the hull.
• Safe due to the rugged mechanical design and water tight cable.
• Pressure tested and approved according to PN16 (24 bar, 240 m).
• High performance because of the proven Acoustic Correlation technology.
• Space saving with the small and compact bottom parts
• Easy set-up and calibration procedures from the bridge SD4 displays.
• Flexible calibration allows very accurate reading over the speed range.
The basic version of SAL R1a includes bottom arrangements, transducer, and electronics unit, all mounted in the bow area. SD displays as selected are installed in the bridge area. The unit provides serial output signal according to IEC 61162- 1/NMEA 0183 as well as 200 pulses per NM and analogue voltage output. Therefore it can be integrated and displayed in many different ways and systems.
• The electronics are mounted on a circuit board enclosed in a splash proof steel box.
Cable glands are provided in the bottom plate of the box.
• Bottom arrangement with Easy Tank is available for both aluminium and steel hull construction.
• Watertight cable enables installation in wet and demanding environments
• High watertight integrity and resistance to damage.